Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Reflection..

Today I had an interesting experience when I went to fetch my son from pre-school.  I was running a little late so parked on the double yellows opposite the gate where I collect my boy. 
I shouldn't have left the car there & rules are rules, but it must have taken all of 12seconds to run, collect Henri & get back to the car. 
As I fastened my sons seat belt, an elderly gentleman man who had also collected his Grandson, felt the need to yell at me repeatedly calling me a "stupid girl" for parking where I had, I was so shocked at his loud outburst that I simply said "sorry" as he hurried on his way!
 
I know it was naughty to park where I did but surly, if you feel so strongly that it is your place to inform someone of their "wrong doings", there must be a more diplomatic way to go about this?! 
As I drove away from the school, I placed my shades over my eyes & fought back the tears. 
His actions left me feeling overwhelmed & slightly very hurt!  I wonder whether I myself have ever been so unnecessarily mean to a stranger & caused them down to feel so low! 
I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately on my behaviour & how I can improve. 
I am a firm believer that whatever we do in this life, will come back to haunt us when we meet our maker.  When my time's up on earth, I don't want to return to my Heavenly Father & have to answer for a long list of wrong doings. 
I like to live by a belief similar to that of Karma..
 "whatsoever fortune or misfortune experienced is all due to some previous action", Buddha.   
Whether in this life or the next, it will come back & bite me in the butt.. (& a very big butt I have)!


So I will leave you with this..

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we speak without knowing what effect it is going to have on the person it is directed to. I'm sure if he'd known you were going to get home fighting back the tears, he would have been more understanding in his approach. And that is the thing I think we need to understand ourselves ... we don't know what someone is going through at that moment we feel the need to be judgemental or critical!! Here's to your quote on leaving people better than we find them!! Thanks for posting!! =)

    ReplyDelete